Measurement Report anomaly – High Delta E peak in blues across all displays

Home Forums Help and Support Measurement Report anomaly – High Delta E peak in blues across all displays

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Sasha
    Participant

Hi there,

Recently, while using DisplayCAL’s measurement report to test the uncalibrated sRGB colour accuracy on various monitors, I’ve noticed that there’s always a high Delta E peak in the blue region. I’ve tried this on MacOS Sierra and Windows 10, and with two X-Rite i1 Display Pro colorimeters, but I always see the same peak across different monitors – on my Macbook Pro’s 13in display, on a ColorEdge CG275W (using its default sRGB profile), and on an Eizo EV2780 USB-C monitor (using its sRGB profile).

The peak is less prominent on the CG275W, but where that would normally get an average delta e of around 0.8ish, it now gets 1.1 as the dark blue and mid blue tones both have a delta e of 2+. In each case, I’ve tried testing with the monitors own supplied profile enabled in the OS, and the standard sRGB ICC profile, for what it’s worth. Slight differences are visible in the Delta E results, but the blue peaks remain.

Is there any software/driver issue that could cause strange delta e peaks in one particular area? I’ve also tried Argyll 1.8 and 1.9.2, but i don’t have an older version to test with and can’t find one for download.

The other possibility is that I’m going completely bonkers, of course…

• This topic was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Sasha.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

you’re verifying the display response against sRGB without color management. This tells you how well (or not) the display matches sRGB in its native state. There’s nothing peculiar about the results.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS