Measurement Report

Home Forums Help and Support Measurement Report

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

foxdanger
    Participant

Hi, I have a LG 43UJ6525 (is a 4K UHD HDR TV) which I use as monitor.

I have the X-Rite i1Pro and I tried to do the calibration of this monitor.

I used the following setings to do the calibration:

And after the calibration I got these results on measurement report:

http://mediaenvironment.com.br/DISPLAYCAL/report.html

And these on profile information:

http://mediaenvironment.com.br/DISPLAYCAL/3dvolume.html

And here is the table from right side of the profile information:

http://mediaenvironment.com.br/DISPLAYCAL/profileinfo.txt

So, what all this means? Looking to the measure report for me looks like my monitor will never have a good and precise color calibration. Is that?  Or this is a reasonable result?

And looks like that the shades and blacks where the problem is bigger right?

The result will be better if I have a clean out put board like a BMD Decklink for example? Or I’ll get the same result?

Thx for all help!

Vincent
    Participant

If you want to use that TV as computer monitor, check if you enabled some “color enhancements” in that TV and turn them all off: dynamic contrast, vivid color or whetever manufacturer called it, etc… all set to OFF.
    Also make sure you are using its PC mode with HDR and all that stuff OFF.

That report says that the taylor made profile (+calibration) you made for your TV and actual TV response (after calibration) do not match even using a high detailed profile.
    They could not match because of that “color enhancements”… or they could not match because something you did wrong in verification. Hard to say which one with the information you provide.

foxdanger
    Participant

If you want to use that TV as computer monitor, check if you enabled some “color enhancements” in that TV and turn them all off: dynamic contrast, vivid color or whetever manufacturer called it, etc… all set to OFF.

That report says that the taylor made profile (+calibration) you made for your TV and actual TV response (after calibration) do not match even using a high detailed profile.
    They could not match because of that “color enhancements”… or they could not match because something you did wrong in verification. Hard to say which one with the information you provide.

Thx a lot for your response.

I understand about the enhancements and  they are all turned off since ever.

The HDR is off too on windows.

I really don’t know what more info I can provide. But you’re probably right about the wrong verification. But what could be the right one? I put XXXL Video Verification Chart.

And if I do with the smaller one, it says the same, the two not ok still not ok.

🙁

Maybe is just the monitor which can’t have a good calibration due their hardware limits.

Vincent
    Participant

Thx a lot for your response.

I understand about the enhancements and  they are all turned off since ever.

The HDR is off too on windows.

I really don’t know what more info I can provide. But you’re probably right about the wrong verification. But what could be the right one? I put XXXL Video Verification Chart.

Take full screenshots of DisplayCAL window. To verify profile+calibraction acctuacy you have to verify against itself, not against a simulation profile.
    That is one possible source of errors “by user”.

Maybe is just the monitor which can’t have a good calibration due their hardware limits.

A “BIG” XYZLUT profile captures in detail any kind of “non ideal” response of that display, be it calibrated or not. That is what you supposedly did.
    If you verify a display response agains a “taylor made” profile it should verify OK, even if it has a bad response far from “Ideal”=> it is taylor made.

If you got bad results verifiying such profile:
    -display changed its behavior/response after calibration (weird without user interaction in a non OLED/WOLED screen)
    -you verified without calibration applied (you verified against and ideal profile, not against the taylor made => do not use simulation profiles in verification, tehy are tricky to understand for most newbie users)
    -some software interacted during display measrurements, in creation part or in verification part => measured response for display creation does not mat measured response in verification.

You’ll have to find which one of these is happening in your screen.
    1st one is usually related to user messing with OSD controls or those “color enhancements” . It is unusual that is caused by display on a LCD screen.
    2nd is explained in verification
    3rd one can only be checked by you, which software is running, etc… Difficult to help you with that.

foxdanger
    Participant

ll screenshots of DisplayCAL window. To verify profile+calibraction acctuacy you have to verify against itself, not against a simulation profile.
    That is one possible source of errors “by user”.

A “BIG” XYZLUT profile captures in detail any kind of “non ideal” response of that display, be it calibrated or not. That is what you supposedly did.
    If you verify a display response agains a “taylor made” profile it should verify OK, even if it has a bad response far from “Ideal”=> it is taylor made.

If you got bad results verifiying such profile:
    -display changed its behavior/response after calibration (weird without user interaction in a non OLED/WOLED screen)
    -you verified without calibration applied (you verified against and ideal profile, not against the taylor made => do not use simulation profiles in verification, tehy are tricky to understand for most newbie users)
    -some software interacted during display measrurements, in creation part or in verification part => measured response for display creation does not mat measured response in verification.

You’ll have to find which one of these is happening in your screen.
    1st one is usually related to user messing with OSD controls or those “color enhancements” . It is unusual that is caused by display on a LCD screen.
    2nd is explained in verification
    3rd one can only be checked by you, which software is running, etc… Difficult to help you with that.

THX MY MAN!

Gonna try all this. So, I should verify the profile against it self is that? Probably was that my problem so 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS