Many questions from a beginner :)

Home Forums Help and Support Many questions from a beginner :)

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by MW.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

lexo1000
    Participant

Hello! I’m new to calibration and I have some questions for you.
    I own a i1Display Pro Plus and I would like to calibrate my 2 screens:
    – Acer Z35P monitor w-led
    – Sony X900F HDR tv

1 – Should I tick black level drift compensation with my setup (W-led & i1Display Pro)?
    2 – Is it possible to calibrate my Sony HDR TV set in HDR/10bits mode in Windows 10?
    3 – If I reinstall my PC, could I simply backup my .icc profiles stored in C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color? Any other way to backup my previous calibration?
    4 – Do you recommend to use color matrix correction and if yes does “Spectral: LCD White LED family” the right choice?
    5 – Does DisplayCal team will update their software soon? I see that latest version was release in 2019..

Thanks in advance for your help 🙂

Calibrite Display Plus HL on Amazon   Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

MW
    Participant

Should I tick black level drift compensation with my setup

Not needed for your display tech.

Is it possible to calibrate my Sony HDR TV set in HDR/10bits mode in Windows 10?

It’s not recommended, these modes are black boxes that the calibration software can’t interface with. There are guides in the wiki if you must use HDR.

If I reinstall my PC, could I simply backup my .icc profiles stored in C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color? Any other way to backup my previous calibration?

That works. You can also backup the entire measurement folder generated by Displaycal in case you need it for creating different profile types from the same measurements.

Do you recommend to use color matrix correction and if yes does “Spectral: LCD White LED family” the right choice?

If you find a ccss user correction for the exact same model go with that, otherwise stick to the generic ccss, they are high quality.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by MW.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS