madvr test pattern flashing

Home Forums Help and Support madvr test pattern flashing

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Antonio Marcheselli
    Participant

Hi there,

I wanted to do a routine calibration tonight – last happened several months ago. I updated all the components and attempted creating a MadVR 3DLUT.

The TPG appears but the patterns flash twice every 3 seconds. The procedure aborts almost immediately anyway. Logs attached. Any help please?
    Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Antonio Marcheselli
    Participant

quick update: reinstalling madVR has now fixed the procedure not starting. Test patterns still flash though – every three seconds. Profiling running now.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The log doesn’t indicate any error. Which version of madVR are you using? 32-bit or 64-bit ArgyllCMS?

Antonio Marcheselli
    Participant

madVR 0.92.17

ArgyllCMS were updated automatically by DisplayCAL at startup – how do I check?

Antonio Marcheselli
    Participant

update. Profiling has failed. Logs attached.

Looking at the file name that DisplayCAL downloaded, Argyll is 64bits.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Try the 32-bit version of ArgyllCMS. You’ll have to download that one manually.

Antonio Marcheselli
    Participant

I will do.

In the meantime please see the flashing here (this is with Argyll 32bit already – but I wasn’t expecting Argyll to fix TPG’s issues!)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pvgggyk4y8uupvo/IMG_2166.TRIM.mp4?dl=0

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Which render path are you using in madVR? I’ve seen this happen with D3D11 and the impression I got is that it might be a graphics driver issue.

Antonio Marcheselli
    Participant

I have “use D3D11 for presentation” disabled in the rendering “general settings”. Not sure what it says on the render path being used though. I shall try downgrading the video driver then. thanks!

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Disabling exclusive fullscreen mode may also help, if you’re using that.

Antonio Marcheselli
    Participant

thanks Florian! That did the trick.

I went back to the old nVidia driver, back 5 different versions of madVR but it was still flashing. I should have tried that when I realised that it was only happening when full screen!

Someone says that FSE is not needed anymore these days? It’s not the first time it’s giving me headache.

Cheers again

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Someone says that FSE is not needed anymore these days? It’s not the first time it’s giving me headache.

I’m not sure, that’s a question for madshi. I haven’t had the need to use FSE for a while, although back when it mattered, it basically was a means for madVR to get more control over how frames are presented, or something along those lines.

Antonio Marcheselli
    Participant

Many thanks as usual Florian. Profiling completed ok and now investigating on FSB – latest Windows 10 version caused some issues back in the days and now the test patterns too…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS