Madvr issues and Autoforcing Colorprofile ,DisplayCal needs an update

Home Forums Help and Support Madvr issues and Autoforcing Colorprofile ,DisplayCal needs an update

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

subalternpushing
    Participant

as said …an update would be nice , been quite a while…matter of fact years , also ive noticed one issue , DisplayCal wont force colorprofile autoload and preservation aka its trayicon is greyed out having Madvr running , have to kill Madvr first for it to be able to autoforce colorprofile again, please fix.

Vincent
    Participant

It’s not a bug. Check madVR configuration and you’ll see.

subalternpushing
    Participant

not sure what you mean by this …

Vincent
    Participant

madVR disables GPU LUT (so it can do its stuff including LUT3D using shaders with dithering, removing the banding issues in nvidias and intels). There is a check box in calibration config in madVR.

subalternpushing
    Participant

would it be the …disable gpu gamma ramp option ?

or which one should i uncheck to fix this? appreciated

subalternpushing
    Participant

ok i take it back , disabling gpu gamma ramp disable option did the trick , but now we gots another issue as of recently the display cal profile loader is greyed out, uninstalled and reinstalled …still greyed out …its icon, a fix would be nice

Vincent
    Participant

ok i take it back , disabling gpu gamma ramp disable option did the trick , but now we gots another issue as of recently the display cal profile loader is greyed out, uninstalled and reinstalled …still greyed out …its icon, a fix would be nice

It is disabled because that app may clean GPU LUTs. It happend woth other software that do the same, Maybe there is a blacklist in DisplayCAl executable. I did not check.
    Anyway… instead of using VCGT in madVR, use LUT3D. It will avoid  banidng on nvidias and intel GPUs.

subalternpushing
    Participant

ok …i guess still doesnt resolve the current issue im having , that being the color profile autoloader is greyed out …meaning not active and when i right click …menu shows autoloading/autoforcing profile disabled…no amount of uninstalling and reinstalling fixes this…its odd, hope this can be fixed with an update or such

Patrick1978
    Participant

Again this isn’t a bug it’s entirely intentional behavior from DisplayCAL.  There is an internal list of applications that DisplayCAL has that it will disable profile vlut loading because it cause issues.  I don’t know if there is a way to view or edit that list. There is a way to add your own exclusions though.

In the case of MadVR it’s because MadVR can do it’s own color corrections via a 3dlut and having other corrections loaded into the vlut would cause what is displayed to be inaccurate.

While it’s not mandatory for MadVR to have a 3dlut loaded I think DisplayCAL assumes that if you have it and MadVR installed that you’ve also made a 3dlut for MadVR and that it should disable profile loading while MadVR is running.

Unless you don’t actually have a measurement device you should just make a 3dlut for MadVR in DisplayCAL and stop worrying about ICC profile vlut loading being disabled when MadVR is running since that is the best way for it to work.

If you have some unusual situation or workflow that requires ICC profile vlut loading while watching videos with MadVR you better explain what that is so someone can maybe help you work around it.

S Simeonov
    Participant

Or you can use “enable windowed overlay” in madvr if you have nvidia card.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS