Madvr 3dlut calibration

Home Forums Help and Support Madvr 3dlut calibration

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Damien147
    Participant

Hello!

I am trying to create a 3dlut for Madvr to calibrate my TV to bt709,6500K and BT.1886.

I chose in the settings Video 3dlut for Madvr,then I chose my TV and the color correction of my TV and run it with default settings.When the 3dlut finished straight away I run a verification report with  default settings and I get the results you see on the attachment.

What are these ”not ok” results?Am I doing something wrong?If yes can you tell me what to do?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

You are not validating with LUT3D applied. You are validating if your display without profile VCGT calibration, only with OSD settings yiu changed, matches Rec709… and it does not, which is expected.

You need to apply LUT3D and measure pacthes in madVR TPG like in HCFR tool, or you can validate in DisplayCAL with ICC equivalent of a LUT3D (device link).

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by Vincent.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by Vincent.

Damien147
    Participant

First thank you for your answer.

I have calibrated 2 point grayscale and set whitepoint to warm 2 which is supposedly closest to 6500k.Then I run the 3dlut for Madvr and when the 3dlut was created I cancelled the installation.I do it like that and move the 3dlut only to a folder in madvr,then I load it in madvr.I suppose I did it right but did wrong the verification.

If I did the procedure fine as it seems I don’t care how to properly verify the 3dlut now because if I understand well there’s not much I can do.Am I right?

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by Damien147.

Vincent
    Participant

First thank you for your answer.

I have calibrated 2 point grayscale and set whitepoint to warm 2 which is supposedly closest to 6500k.Then I run the 3dlut for Madvr and when the 3dlut was created I cancelled the installation.I do it like that and move the 3dlut only to a folder in madvr,then I load it in madvr.I suppose I did it right but did wrong the verification.

In LUT3D file folder ArgyllCMS should have created a LUT3D equivalent “device link” ICC file (the big one).

If I did the procedure fine as it seems I don’t care how to properly verify the 3dlut now because if I understand well there’s not much I can do.Am I right?

Use device link in verification.

Damien147
    Participant

I just ticked the device link profile in the verification tab  and it was ready there.Results in the attachment and it says ok.This means that my 3dlut is ok as you said it’s a LUT3D equivalent.So everything’s fine I guess.

THANK YOU very much.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS