macOS shows some windows black after calibration

Home Forums Help and Support macOS shows some windows black after calibration

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Gregor
    Participant

Hi guys,

I’m using a Mac Book Air (2011) with the OS Version 10.13.6. I have calibrated the display with your software and Spyder 4 Hardware. After the calibration it looks first everything fine, but afterwards while using there are some strange behavior.

For instance when I open my Mail tool the preview of the emails are looking fine, but the section where the whole email will be displayed is black (see Screenshot). When I go to display settings and set the color to default everything looks fine but the calibration is gone for sure.

a year ago a friend of me makes the same calibration on my laptop in the beginning everything was fine but after a while (maybe after a new software update) I had the same issue, Now I bought the hardware for myself and thought it will work now, but unfortunately not 🙁

Do you have any idea?

Thanks a lot in advance

Gregor

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Likely stale/corrupted macOS cache files. If logging out and back in or a reboot don’t help, you may want to try deleting files in /Users/<Your Username>/Library/Caches/ (and also possibly in /Library/Caches/) that start with “com.apple.” (note that this may lead to you loosing volatile data like your prior document and browsing history) and afterwards reboot.

Gregor
    Participant

I don’t find the library under my user profile /Users/<Your Username>/Library/Caches/

in /Library/Caches/ there were only 3 file which I have deleted, but after reboot I have the same issue.

Gregor
    Participant

sorry I found the way how to enter and delete the cache but nothing has changed 🙁

it seems the issue is only in mac mail

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Gregor.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Weird. Can you attach the profile and related files please (next to settings, “create compressed archive”)?

Gregor
    Participant

sure please find attached

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The profile is fine. You may want to use white LED measurement mode with your Spyder4 though to get a more accurate result.

As your problem only affects Apple Mail, I suspect a bug there somewhere.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS