MacBook pro+DisplayCAL+Datacolor Spyder 5 Please help

Home Forums Help and Support MacBook pro+DisplayCAL+Datacolor Spyder 5 Please help

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

iNikita
    Participant

Good day,how to calibrate a MacBooK pro 2011? I don’t understand how to correctly set the white point. After each calibration, the white balance is equal to 7600-7700.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

You enter the desired whitepoint target on the “Calibration” tab. Note that for Laptops, I usually recommend to go with the native (“As measured”) whitepoint unless you need to match another device or reference.

iNikita
    Participant

In the tab “calibration” I set 6500, then press calibration screen is displayed with the measurement of RGB and white point so it shows that the current white 7500 then press the stop button and click calibrate…do I ignore this item and immediately proceed with sizing and then he’ll set the white point to 6500? And why do you recommend using beloko which gives himself a MacBook? Instead of the 6500?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by iNikita.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

do I ignore this item and immediately proceed with sizing and then he’ll set the white point to 6500?

Yes.

And why do you recommend using beloko which gives himself a MacBook? Instead of the 6500?

Because on a Laptop, the only way to set RGB gains is via the calibration (videoLUT), which may introduce calibration artifacts like banding if the target white is far from the “native” white. Under recent Mac OS X this may not be a problem though because it appears that the videoLUT is applied by the system with dithering, thus allowing smooth transitions.

iNikita
    Participant

Umm interesting, thanks for the answer!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS