Mac Studio with Dell S2722QC Help

Home Forums Help and Support Mac Studio with Dell S2722QC Help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Alex
    Participant

Hi all, I have been looking for a couple of days now and feel I have totally fried my brain when it comes to calibrating my displays. I was hoping I could get some advice on the correct settings.

My Calibrite Pro arrived today so I am ready to get going

1st set Up ( I need to do my Macbook Air as well but ill leave that until this is sorted)

Mac Studio with external Dell S2722QC

Settings – Default Gamma 2.2

Mode: LCD Generic

Correction: LCD White LED Family

Everything in Calibration has been left alone, same for for Profiling screen.

Screen grabs attached.

I have ensured the monitor has been set to factory settings and the colour setting is on Custom RGB with all at the default settings. The monitor doesn’t have any other settings turned on which could effect the outcome (as far as I am aware).

Am I good to go?

Thank you so much in advance.

Alex

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

Check in green-red native primaries are close to sRGB or close to P3. That will give you a hint to guess if it is a “White LED” (sRGB) or a “W-LED PFS phosphor family” (closer to P3)

Vincent
    Participant

Its seems that it is an WLED PFS pshophor, even if it is limited to sRGB from a factory calibration:

https://colorimetercorrections.displaycal.net/?get&type=ccss&manufacturer_id=DEL&display=DELL%20S2722QC&instrument=i1%20DisplayPro%2C%20ColorMunki%20Display%2C%20Spyder4&html=1

Choose one of those 3nm CCSS

Alex
    Participant

Thank you Vincent, excuse my noobness, do you mean download and install one of those CCSS files to the correction part of Displaycal?  Again, sorry, trying to get my head around everything.

Just want to be 100% sure I understand, also are the rest of my settings correct?

thanks again

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Alex.
    • This reply was modified 2 months ago by Alex.

Vincent
    Participant

CCSS files make your colorimeter measure that display in an accurate way.

Since you are on a mac and given the limitations of its color management engine to certain dusplay types, default settings (excluding CCSS) are the recommended but  first fix display RGB gains in custom mode OSD to D65 (by setting D65 as target white). Then cancel & back to default settings (excluding CCSS).

Alex
    Participant

Thank you so much for your help 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS