Mac Studio and Display

Home Forums Help and Support Mac Studio and Display

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

mkam
    Participant

Hi, I could use some guidance. I previously used DisplayCal with i1 Display to profile my iMac with good results. I have now replaced that machine with a Mac Studio with an M1 Max chip and a Mac Studio Display. Can I use the current version of DisplayCal with my i1 Display devise to profile the new monitor? What are the recommended settings and issues that might come up?

Many thanks in advance.

Vincent
    Participant

All Apple P3 displays use same backlight so us ethe same as always, they are small or big laptop screens.

If Mac Studio Display had XDR display features, then instead of full calibration in DisplayCAL try to use a custom preset for XDR display:
    Take a reading of whitepoint using suggested CCSS for Mac P3 retina displays, write that wp coordinates somewhere, go to presets, edit amd give macOS the actual WP coordinates read by DisplayCAL. With this info and if factory grey calibration is accurate, macOS should be able to simulate colospaces in the same way as “novideo_sRGB” tool for Windows.
    Read other threads here about laptops with XDR display… they are all the same, bigger or smaller.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS