Mac resets color profile after waking from sleep

Home Forums Help and Support Mac resets color profile after waking from sleep

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

cinergi
    Participant

Hello,

Great software.  I used it to calibrate the built-in display and an external display on my late-2015 Retina iMac running macOS Mojave, using an X-Rite Colormunki Display.  I noticed that after waking from sleep, my Mac doesn’t remember the selected display profile and resets it to the default one.  To change it back, I have to go into System Preferences > Displays.

Also, I noticed that DisplayCAL creates the same profile in 2 different locations:

/Library/ColorSync/Profiles

~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles

I deleted the one in ~/Library/… and just kept the other one.  I’m not sure if this is related to my problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

I noticed that after waking from sleep, my Mac doesn’t remember the selected display profile and resets it to the default one.

I have never seen this behavior on a Mac.

Also, I noticed that DisplayCAL creates the same profile in 2 different locations:

Only if you install the profile system wide (don’t do that on a single user system, as it is pointless in that case). It’s not a problem though, it’ll just use a tiny amount of additional disk space.

cinergi
    Participant

Thanks, after a cold reboot the problem seems to have resolved itself.  Now the selected profile is remembered properly.  Thanks!

-cinergi

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS