Mac Profil / Black point compensation recomendation conflicts with LUT

Home Forums Help and Support Mac Profil / Black point compensation recomendation conflicts with LUT

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Stefan08
    Participant

As first time poster I just wanted upfront to thank Florian and all the others who contribute their time to this superb project!

I try to create a Calibration and Profil for my Imac with a subsequent LUT for Resolve. If i stick to the single curve + matrix + blackpoint compensation recomendation for a basic mac profil, I’m being warned in the LUT tab, that BPC should be ticked off. Which is preferable?

Or would it be better to have two profiles a generall pourpose C + M + BPC Mac Profile and one XYZ LUT + Matrix + 3D Lut for when working with Resolve?

As for rec709 gamma settings. Following the route that Florian recomends for less contrasty computerdisplays: 2.4 with 100% Offset. Is “Relative” then preferable to “Absolute”? (May have been discussed previously, but I couldn’t find it)

Florian Höch
    Administrator

If you are going to use the profile exclusively for creating a 3D LUT for Resolve (by not installing the profile) or any other software with proper working color management ((photoshop et al), you are not limited to matrix profiles.

Is “Relative” then preferable to “Absolute”? (May have been discussed previously, but I couldn’t find it)

It will make little difference at 100% output offset.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS