LUT for eeColor 3D LUT Box, no whitepoint correction

Home Forums Help and Support LUT for eeColor 3D LUT Box, no whitepoint correction

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Karda
    Participant

Hello Florian,

first of all: thank you very much for your work, -I am using displayCal for quite a while to creat 3D LUTs for MadVR.

Now I bought a eeColor 3D Lut Box and created some LUTs for it. Unfortunately the whitepoint is always left unchanged.

Can you help?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

note that if you’re using full range RGB (0..255) with the eeColor, peak white (RGB=255) cannot be corrected. This is an eeColor hardware limitation. Otherwise, set rendering intent on the 3D LUT tab to “absolute colorimetric with white point scaling” and re-create the 3D LUT.

Karda
    Participant

Thank you a lot for your answer. I tried it with 16-235 and it worked.

Unfortunately my projector has a bug with shifting color temperature using 16-235 input, so I need absolutely an input of 0-255. Do you know if an external box exists that does the conversion from 16-235 input to 0-255 output?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Unfortunately my projector has a bug with shifting color temperature using 16-235 input, so I need absolutely an input of 0-255

That’s very unusual. Is it a home cinema projector? Those are usually designed for video range 16..235 input.

Do you know if an external box exists that does the conversion from 16-235 input to 0-255 output?

As long as a box can use one of the 3D LUT formats that DisplayCAL can create, any box that has not fixed cLUT endpoint should work in theory.

Karda
    Participant

It is a home cinema projector -the Optoma HD92.

Leaving the graphics card output at 16-235 and choosing for the LUT creation in the 3DLUT-menu “input 16-235” and “output 0-255” seems to work, so the projector receives 0-255 and the whitepoint is adjusted. During profiling I switched to 16-235 input on the projector with 100% lamp lumen output (the problem with shifting color temperature only occurs when dynamic contrast(=dynamic lumen output) is activated) and after the LUT-creation I switched back to 0-255.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS