Lumanance matched appearance

Home Forums Help and Support Lumanance matched appearance

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Steve Smith
    Participant

Hey Florian

Does the ‘lumanace matched appearance’  ‘Monitor in darkened environment’ CAMCA02 make gamma changes or just color changes. I’ve noticed that the curve near blacks changes (darker) when I use it.

Also, concerning the gamut: I’ve noticed that after profiling my gamut decreases from 97% to 92% sRGB, and the volume decreases as well… I have a high-end HDTV and would expect it to produce a near  100% sRGB gamut… What are the settings that might be effecting this reduction in available color? Should I increase the ‘color’ control? Gamma? Contrast? brightness? or backlight? … See attachment of reduced gamut:

And how is it possible that a gamut volume is ever greater than 100% ?  – You’re either at the boundary or below it, no?

Thanks. 🙂

• This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Steve Smith.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Does the ‘lumanace matched appearance’ ‘Monitor in darkened environment’ CAMCA02 make gamma changes or just color changes.

“Color” does not exist independently of “gamma” because a color is defined by its hue, saturation, and lightness. So, any viewing condition adjustment is in essence resulting in a combination of saturation and lightness changes (hue may be affected as well, although this effect is normally minimized).

What are the settings that might be effecting this reduction in available color?

You should profile the TV in its widest available gamut mode if you want to maximize coverage of any smaller colorspaces.

And how is it possible that a gamut volume is ever greater than 100% ? – You’re either at the boundary or below it, no?

Gamut volume is three-dimensional. Looking at the 3D view may reveal portions of the gamut exceeding the comparison gamut, for example.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS