Lumagen Auto Calibration? Need help getting started.

Home Forums Help and Support Lumagen Auto Calibration? Need help getting started.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

pbiancardi
    Participant

I recently purchased a Lumagen 2144 and I know some commercial programs support some sort of auto calibration (which is probably what I need at least to start off with).  Does DisplayCal have a similar thing for Lumagen processors?  I have a lot of learning to do with calibration and I would love to start by donating to this program rather than buying commercial software.

The other advice I need is for meters, I see a variety of types and prices, what would I want to look for in a good starter meter (that is supported by this program)?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

Does DisplayCal have a similar thing for Lumagen processors?

Lumagen support is likely to appear in a future version of ArgyllCMS, but at the moment, it is not available yet.

The other advice I need is for meters, I see a variety of types and prices, what would I want to look for in a good starter meter

It depends a bit how much you want to spend. The i1 Display Pro (i1D3) is often recommended for its precision, speed and reliability, and there are currently no competitors that match the i1D3 at its price point. Ideally you’d pair it with a spectrometer to be able to create custom colorimeter corrections for your display, but this is not a requirement.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

pbiancardi
    Participant

Hi,

Does DisplayCal have a similar thing for Lumagen processors?

Lumagen support is likely to appear in a future version of ArgyllCMS, but at the moment, it is not available yet.

The other advice I need is for meters, I see a variety of types and prices, what would I want to look for in a good starter meter

It depends a bit how much you want to spend. The i1 Display Pro (i1D3) is often recommended for its precision, speed and reliability, and there are currently no competitors that match the i1D3 at its price point. Ideally you’d pair it with a spectrometer to be able to create custom colorimeter corrections for your display, but this is not a requirement.

I was reading that with some meters you can do the correction without a second meter, is the i1D3 one of those?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I was reading that with some meters you can do the correction without a second meter, is the i1D3 one of those?

Most meters come with generic corrections for various display technologies. The i1D3 has probably the widest selection of all available consumer meters with 8+1 generic corrections available that cover most common display types (except Quantum Dot, which no meter currently has generic corrections for, but a correction for BG-LED/RG Phosphor can be used as a substitute as it has similar spectral distribution).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS