Low gamut coverage in Linux

Home Forums Help and Support Low gamut coverage in Linux

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

betazoid
    Participant

hi

A few days ago I installed Linux Mint on an usb pendrive. I am now trying to calibrate and profile my screen. However, my screen’s gamut appears to be up to 10% smaller than in Windows. If I calibrate to gamma 2.2 and generate a LUT-profile it is even under 90% sRGB whereas in Windows it is constantly around 97% sRGB. I am guessing this has something to do with the video card driver. I suspect that it cannot provide an output which uses the full color range. My video card is Intel HD Graphics 520, my screen is an iiyama Prolite 24 inch. Is there any way to activate the extended/full color range output in the video card driver?
    I have also attached 2 screenshots of the color spaces that were measured during the last calibrations/profilings. The funny thing is that even though according to the measuring in the LUT-profile the color space is smaller, in the visual drawing the color space looks clearly larger than in the curves-profile (especially as far as the yellows and violets/magentas are concerned). In this context it is also worth mentioning that the gamut is larger if I create a curves-profile and it is also a bit larger if I activate black point compensation when using a LUT-profile.
    And one more thing: I also have to set up my screen in the OSD completely differently than in Windows. The RGB-values are in about the same but brightness and contrast need to be set higher so the test image looks ok. If I calibrate my screen with the same brightness and contrast as in Windows the gamut coverage is even lower.

Well, I do not know if anybody has a thought on this.

Thanks in advance and regards from Vienna

b

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

betazoid
    Participant

Never mind. The problem is solved (I added xrandr to autostart)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS