Linux Workflow

Home Forums General Discussion Linux Workflow

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

aphysically
    Participant

Are there any recommended workflows or perhaps ISOs that can be used for calibration with Linux? It seems all the usual suspects dropped displaycal as a package and I recently needed to rerun a calibration. I found a few older LTS releases of distributions that package it I was going to try burning to a thumb drive, but they’re carrying old versions of displaycal.

Also are there any gotchas to running display calibration from a virtualized distribution via kvm, or do we need to boot something separately and then copy onto current dists?

gnutix
    Participant

Curious about this too!

aphysically
    Participant

Does anyone have any recommendation for a creator-focued iso/dist we can burn for this purpose (or have any experience with this)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just made a persistant live image with Ubuntu 18.04LTS with latest Displaycal and Argyll.

One partition mounts as a normal usb drive so you can copy profiles to your main OS.

Give it a try.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sj_vDSus1M65CC–TgODSvZooBEYeOm3/view?usp=sharing

Extracted image is 8GB

Anonymous
    Inactive

my previous post is stuck in moderation since tow months but maybe a second post works.

Just made a persistant live image with Ubuntu 18.04LTS with latest Displaycal and Argyll.

One partition mounts as a normal usb drive so you can copy profiles to your main OS.

Give it a try.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sj_vDSus1M65CC–TgODSvZooBEYeOm3/view?usp=sharing

Extracted image is 8GB

pemep
    Participant

The best solution I found is using the flatpak version.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS