LG Ultrawide – Report says not Okay. What am I doing wrong?

Home Forums Help and Support LG Ultrawide – Report says not Okay. What am I doing wrong?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Marvin Nuecklaus
    Participant

Hey everyone,

I’m new here and while reading through all available documentation provided on this website, I’m still very confused about why I’m not able to get satisfying results.

Here’s my set up. My MacBook Pro Late 2017 is connected per HDMI to my LG 34UC98 Monitor. I’m using the X rite i1 Display Pro. My goal is to calibrate for Davinci Resolve and have both monitors set as accurately as possible.

My Macbook Pro was successfully calibrated. I did get the Verification report and it was all in good standing.

My LG Monitor, however, gets terrible results. I run multiple calibrations with minimum and max patches. The monitor allows me to manually set my RGB values, Gamma (1, 2, or none while I set it to 2), Brightness, and Contrast. I matched the white point values on that popup screen. The report is attached.

Does anyone have an idea of what I’m doing wrong here?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Marvin Nuecklaus
    Participant

LG 34UC98 Monitor

Here are my monitor specs

https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/098e349

Vincent
    Participant

Contrast is abnormally low for an IPS. Factory reset, attach driver/EDID/factory ICC profile as default display profile for your OS, then measure white & contrast. It should be close to 1000:1, not 500:1. Low contrast may point to some connection misconfiguration like 16-235 vs 0-255. Google about that.
    If contrast is OK when you calibrate again try to do not push RGB gains on OSD for white point to low and do not modify contrast OSD configuration.

Also the colorimeter correction is missing. If it’s just an sRGB display use White LED IPS CCSS correction bundled with DisplayCAL.
    Your macbook needs its own (WLED PFS for mac P3 display if you have a P3 mac, sRGB macs use the same as above.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS