LG OLED + Resolve

Home Forums Help and Support LG OLED + Resolve

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

greg greenhaw
    Participant

I manually calibrated my LG B6 with calman enthusiast and got the 20 point gray scale perfect for P3 with an average delta of .02 via the resolve pattern generator. I then tried to create a LUT with displaycal and it looks terrible.  When I started with the initial white balance/ luminance step the I get acceptable values for both luminance and rgb balance. Then I continue thought the swatches / create p3/1886 LUT, and the verification  steps. The verification fails miserably and the lut makes the image look lifted and very green.

Any suggestions?

My settings are:
    white level drift: true,
    correction: none * applying the specracal correction make it worse.
    white point: 0.3070×0.3180 OLED JUDD VALUES
    white level: as measured @ 100nits
    black: as measured at 0 nits
    tone curve: req 1886 2.4 absolute
    LUT SETTINGS
    p3, 1886 2.4 absolute
    apply calibration: true
    absolute colorimetric w/ white point scaling
    input/output encoding: 0-255
    33x33x33

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

white point: 0.3070×0.3180 OLED JUDD VALUES

As you’ve already adjusted the whitepoint and gray balance using the TV controls, you should set whitepoint as well as tone curve on the “Calibration” tab to “As measured” and rendering intent on the 3D LUT tab to “Relative colorimetric” (this will make sure the whitepoint isn’t affected by the 3D LUT).

David C
    Participant

Hmm. So let me see if I understand:

The default in the calibration tab, (after loading eecolor 3D lut preset),  is “as measured” which I kept and have been using, though with “absolute colorimetric”. Is this correct if I’d like it forced to D65 in the 3D LUT? (The TV is already close so it’s possible I wouldn’t notice).

Also, if set to “relative colorimetric”, does it still correct gamma and everything but just uses the white point detected from that one white patch during the initial part of the calibration for the reference white point?  Are there other differences too?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Your oled cant reach 100% of P3 right only 95%

I guess thats the problem here.

The program calculates from p3 and thats why you get these errors?

The lut cant cover the entire gamut.

I have not tried to profile against p3 but isnt the white point towards green on p3 ?

One other note is that these oleds are very unstable.

They changes whiteballance depending on what has being displayed before.

If i take a guess i asume those white patches for withlevel drifting is effected by the previously displayed colorpatches

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Also, if set to “relative colorimetric”, does it still correct gamma and everything but just uses the white point detected from that one white patch during the initial part of the calibration for the reference white point?

Yes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS