LG Calibration Studio doesn’t use colorimeter correction for i1D3

Home Forums General Discussion LG Calibration Studio doesn’t use colorimeter correction for i1D3

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Cnzqy
    Participant

After messing around with hardware calibration using LG Calibration Studio I came to the conclusion that it doesn’t use any colorimeter correction at all (not even white LED) for the i1D3 family of colorimeters despite the presence of EDR files in the program (let alone that it has an old version of the SDK without the PFS LED EDR file). This pretty much makes the hardware calibration unusable which is unfortunate because this is the only way to easily clamp the color gamut in arbitrary manners. I tried submitting a support request on the LG website but just got a system error. Fortunately the sRGB mode has a reasonably good factory calibration so I can just use that instead for now.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Cnzqy.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Cnzqy.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

-Find which EDR is using , GB-LED or RGBLED, IDNK
    -Find equivalent CCSS to taht EDR bundled in DisplayCAL, same name
    -Make a backup
    -Make an spectral data replacement for all samples (WRGB) x n samples with the proper correction.
    It can be another 1nm CCSS/EDR from XRite or a community one. Community files need to be interpolated to 1nm.
    If HW cal is using RGBLED you need to 0 pad longer wavelengths till you get the same size.
    -Use python tool ccss2edr to rebuild binary file from your forged CCSS.
    -Replace original EDR with forged EDR, make a backup.

If you are familiar with hex editor replace you can do the same on raw binary EDR files, but the other way seems easier.

Then check that HW cal solution is working. If the EDR software must use is rejected it may crash ot it may fall to default CMF (“no correction”). Check with DisplayCAL if “PROFILE whitepoint” (not actual white) matches DisplayCAL measurement… although some HW cal solutions fake WP setting as WP not the actual one recorded while profilling, but “target” value.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS