lg 38gn950 – settings

Home Forums Help and Support lg 38gn950 – settings

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Lada
    Participant

Hello, could you please recommend me correction settings and setting overall for my monitor : lg 38gn950  ? My report seems fine. But I feel like colors are a bit washed out. I had the same monitor (another unit) calibrated before and was happy with it,  I just dont remember settings. Thanks a lot for your time. Colorimeter:   xrite i1 display pro

• This topic was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Lada.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

But I feel like colors are a bit washed out.

Where? In color managed apps? That is intended and they are no washed out, they’re rendered as intented. sRGB red 255 is less saturated than native red 255 in monitor. Same for green.

Contrast is a little low for an IPS @ D65, maybe you modified too much RGB gains, or rise offset, or changed contrast OSD settings. I cannot know with your data.

Lada
    Participant

Hello, thanks for the answer. After deeper investigation I found out that colors are washed out only in Chrome and Edge , graphical programs and firefox are without problem. So I guess chromium is not color managed ? Is it somehow possible to get it work with icc profile ? As I prefer Google Chrome due to various sync etc, Thank you

Lada
    Participant

Also I noticed that while Firefox is not washed out in browser elements like text, eshop images etc. But when I view images for example on zonerama or my website its still the same as chrome. (i.e. a bit washed out compare to photoshop and other graphical programms )

Vincent
    Participant

They are not washed out, they are shown as intended in Edge. It must be that way.

Firefox shows saturated colors sometimes (HTML colors) because you did not configure it to full color management.
    Go to about:config
    gfx.color_management.enablev4 = true
    gfx.color_management.mode = 1

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS