LG 32EP950 (JOLED panel) and i1 Display Pro issues with Red

Home Forums General Discussion LG 32EP950 (JOLED panel) and i1 Display Pro issues with Red

Viewing 2 posts - 76 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • Author

Mark Walter
    Participant

Not to stray out of my lane… What Vincent is saying is that once DisplayCal is used to install a profile, for whatever reason it doesn’t matter, the options you need will be unlocked for verification on whatever terms suit you.

You:

Well, how can I set a different gamma curve? All I can select is Rec709 unmodified. If I change anything, the measurement button gets greyed out.

Vincent:

Looks like you did not install ever a display profile through displaycal. The buttons get unlocked then, mine are unlocked.

*** Ask Erkan to avoid this “feature” in DisplayCAL fork for Python3 since DisplayCAL developer is not releasing new versions at least fro now. There is a thread about that.

+1

Not to stray out of my lane… What Vincent is saying is that once DisplayCal is used to install a profile, for whatever reason it doesn’t matter, the options you need will be unlocked for verification on whatever terms suit you.

thank you very much for your reply. Of course I installed many many display profiles through display cal over the years. Still it looks like this option is greyed out if you don’t verify a display profile that has been installed with display cal.

I do not see such behavior on my setup so IDNK what you did wrong or misconfigured.

Maybe someone who has installed DisplayCAL for the first time in the last years (latest version) may shed light on that bug/feature.

Well I guess this explains it. No newbie or users fault. Just a problem with macOS.

Reply To: DisplayCAL verification for dummies

Vincent
    Participant

If it is still a macOS only bug then use Erkan’s port to Python 3, link was posted previously

Python 3.x Development Announcement

https://github.com/eoyilmaz/displaycal-py3

IDNK if there are DMGs at this point.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by Vincent.
Viewing 2 posts - 76 through 77 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS