LG 27GP850P UltraGear Gaming Monitor 27″ QHD NanoIPS Calibration

Home Forums Help and Support LG 27GP850P UltraGear Gaming Monitor 27″ QHD NanoIPS Calibration

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Calibrone
    Participant

Hi everyone, I need to find out if the settings I used to calibrate my LG monitor are correct or is there something to improve/change (see attached screenshots).

I also add below my OSD settings from which I started to calibrate with DisplayCAL
    – gamer 1
    – overclock on
    – adaptive-sync extended
    – normal response time
    – gamma mode 2
    – colour temperature USER
    – DFC off
    – ECO mode off
    – Default contrast and sharpness

After that I let the DisplayCAL profile loader handle everything, at least for applications that can handle colour profiles.

P.S. Is it possible to preserve the colour profile generated by DisplayCAL also for all other applications that do not manage colour profiles?

Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

Hi everyone, I need to find out if the settings I used to calibrate my LG monitor are correct or is there something to improve/change (see attached screenshots).

I also add below my OSD settings from which I started to calibrate with DisplayCAL
    – gamer 1
    – overclock on
    – adaptive-sync extended
    – normal response time
    – gamma mode 2
    – colour temperature USER
    – DFC off
    – ECO mode off
    – Default contrast and sharpness

After that I let the DisplayCAL profile loader handle everything, at least for applications that can handle colour profiles.

Calibration speed to medium oe even slow, depending on how bad is monitor, on how big are green-pink socilations on uncalibrated gamma ramp.
    Maybe your monitor can run on fast… but using medium by default seem “safe” IMHO.

Profile “single curve matrix + BPC”, becsud it minimizes banding caused by color management on gradients if monitor behaves OK after calibration.

P.S. Is it possible to preserve the colour profile generated by DisplayCAL also for all other applications that do not manage colour profiles?

Thank you!

Yes, but using tose tools will limit your display colorspace to sRGB (or whatever non color managed bahevior you want as default): DWMLUT, novideo_sRGB, AMD…
    -use tool to limit colorspace globally
    -set sRGB (or whatever you are simulation) as default display ICC.

Calibrone
    Participant

Yes, but using tose tools will limit your display colorspace to sRGB (or whatever non color managed bahevior you want as default): DWMLUT, novideo_sRGB, AMD…

Basically, I have to generate the ICC profile with DisplayCAL (or use the one I already have) in order to generate the 3D LUT via DisplayCAL, which will then be loaded into DWMLUT, and then the profile with all corrections will be loaded for both managed and unmanaged apps, right?

Is it worth it, in your opinion, to do this procedure for unmanaged apps such as games or does it not change much visually?

Vincent
    Participant

Basically, I have to generate the ICC profile with DisplayCAL (or use the one I already have) in order to generate the 3D LUT via DisplayCAL, which will then be loaded into DWMLUT, and then the profile with all corrections will be loaded for both managed and unmanaged apps, right?

No. DWMLUT makes display behave like if it was a display with source colorspace (if in gamut of course). tahts all.

Then you have to provide an ICC for the display in that behavior and assign it to OS.

Is it worth it, in your opinion, to do this procedure for unmanaged apps such as games or does it not change much visually?

IDNK that LG native gamut. Assuming P3 native gamut, yes, huge change altough for gamming simple simulations like AMD driver or novideo_sRGB maybe easier and not detected as intrusive by game itself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS