Laptop screen calibration, measured vs. assumed target whitepoint off

Home Forums Help and Support Laptop screen calibration, measured vs. assumed target whitepoint off

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Ryan Woods
    Participant

Hey there!

Thank you so much for this amazing piece of software you have created, and the help you are providing, you are helping people so much, I appreciate it!

I am currently trying to calibrate my monitor by using DisplayCal and Colormunki Display. I understand it is not the best monitor, however I want to calibrate it nether less for until I have a new monitor.  I would like to calibrate it for my photography, I do a lot of online work and I will be now doing prints, from what I read, that usually means 5000k and 6500k whitepoints respectively. But does that mean I would have to calibrate twice and  switch between 2 profiles and edit each photo twice? Seems weird. Or would it be sufficient to calibrate my monitor to 6500k, and then when I soft-proof for prints in Adobe Lightroom, I would apply an ICC profile of the paper, and I would only have to adjust it slightly accordingly?

I have done several calibrations, from the information I have gathered I think I am nearly correct, please find attached the measurement report of the calibration.

I put the setting as “Laptop (Gamma 2.2), didn’t use a correction though? And left whitepoint to be measured (Read to do this with laptop displays).

The profile came out pretty good, however the “Measured vs. assumed target whitepoint ” is off by 11 points, one of the colour patches, RGB(0,0,0) is out of the nominal range, and it also says weirdly that my screen is “1536×864” although it’s not? However on other calibrations it showed the correct values of “1920×1080”. From what I have read it seems like I should manually set a whitepoint? I guess that would be 6500k , but would that be correct? The screen seems a little yellow, and this would mean more? However this is the industry standard for web?

All the best,

Ryan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Ryan Woods
    Participant

Solved.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS