Laptop + monitor modes at Windows 10 (two monitors as well)

Home Forums Help and Support Laptop + monitor modes at Windows 10 (two monitors as well)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Алексей Коробов
    Participant

Hello everyone! Does DisplayCAL support enhanced and doubled monitors connection schemes at Win10? I’ve met the situation when switching from enhanced to doubled one changed colors to something wrong at laptop screen and plugged monitor both. Is there stable solution?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Duplicated mode is not supported by Windows color management. You need to use extended desktop.

Алексей Коробов
    Participant

Thank you, Florian! Do Mac and Linux support it?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

No. Duplication means the exact same frame buffer contents are shown on several displays.

Алексей Коробов
    Participant

Good news! Please, check my thread on LUT for 3ds Max. I also has question on TRC gap, a strange issue for i1Display (wait for separate thread).

Today I’ve made ICCs for two displays at Win 10. Not perfect solution, but I has it now:

1. If you use two displays of the same model, they should have the same LUT data (3D or 1D, i.e. 3xCurves or single curve for Mac, better to say “secondary correction”). So if you fix white and black points (using worst contrast), you can make full profile for one display and recalibrate it for another one. Applications start at some leading display (not #1 in all situations in Win 10, but always internal for laptop/AIO) and get its LUT data that is actually unified. If you drag window to another display, this one is correctly linearised too (thanks to DisplayCAL profiles associations resolve function). Though, I’ve met rare issues with gaming videocards, that have no calibration 1D LUT unit at DP output.
    2. If you use two displays and at least one of them doesn’t cover working ICC gamut (sRGB in most cases), you have to work with the best one to avoid color clipping and spectral cast (see my fresh anser on iMAC 2010 issue).
    3. It is possible to run application with correct display profile though. Just deceive it: you should set second display profile as default for leadind display (thanks to DisplayCAL quick switch ability), then run application, drag it to the second display and return leading display’s ICC back.
    4. If you use external display for notebook, just close notebook cover and run application, you can open the cover later. But some PC notebooks always swith off external display when closed. (News: Honor MagickPro 16.1 is the first affordable PC notebook with RGB LED and sRGB+ coverage that I’ve recently met, note its IPS panel model).
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS