Kelvin measurement

Home Forums General Discussion Kelvin measurement

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Harry
    Participant

Hi all, is there a way to use Displaycal and my Spyder5 to do a rudimentary measurement of some LED video lights I use for photography. I wantto see if the kelvin temps match whats the panel states, also if the brightness has any inpact on temps. Thanks

Vincent
    Participant

CCT is irrelevant, you want need to test other things related to SPD of those lights which are the important ones regarding light quality and for that you’ll need an spectrophotometer.
    Not sure if commandline spotread will plot then but saving SPD of the  light may be imported into Osram free tool (your 1st choice), pay for ArgyllPro on a mobile or pay for a CT&A license.

You can use spotread -a and plot CCT & color coords with tghe Spyder/i1d3, but it will be useless for a light source (objects reflect light from it, niot like a display where its light goes to ypur eyes directly).

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Vincent.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Harry
    Participant

Oh I see, so not simple as one would of hoped. I’ll look into what you said further. Appreciate the direction.

Vincent
    Participant

https://www.osram.us/cb/tools-and-resources/applications/led-colorcalculator/index.jsp

Just in case someone can lend you an spectrophotometer.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Vincent.

Harry
    Participant

Any ones I do know use colorimeters, so will take some asking around. Thanks again

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS