Just wondering but should gamma tables be reset when running firefox with 3dlut.

Home Forums Help and Support Just wondering but should gamma tables be reset when running firefox with 3dlut.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

A.ces
    Participant

Hi just wondering but should i reset the video card gamma table when using  firefox with 3d lut active  gfx.color_management.enablev4;true and gfx.color_management.mode;1

i’m unsure if it applies the 1d lut calibration twice in this case.

A.ces
    Participant

nvm seems there was a problem with my firefox installation, a reset fixed the issue for anyone else wondering it seems like firefox does not use the gamma calibration if these prefs are set to true according to lagom.nl

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Firefox does not use 3D LUTs (as in, the text-based proprietary formats), it uses standard ICC profiles. You should definitely set gfx.color_management .enablev4 to true (to enable cLUT profile support) and gfx.color_management .mode to 1 (so that Firefox color manages untagged content as well). If the ICC profile was created with calibration, then the calibration needs to be active, otherwise using the ICC profile will yield incorrect results.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS