Issue with laptop screen calibration

Home Forums Help and Support Issue with laptop screen calibration

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Allan
    Participant

Hello,

This is the first time I am trying to calibrate a laptop screen. While I know the basics steps for external monitors, I think I am doing something wrong when it comes to the laptop.

I realize unlike the external monitors, I cant match the RGB sliders. I feel like because of that my colors look weird, too much yellow.

What is the trick with laptop screens? Is that the best displaycal can get for me?

Vincent
    Participant

Options to choose as white point:

A) Native white, make grey look neutral to that white… but white 255 will remain as is.

B) Some “standard” white point like D65

C) The closest “natural white” (daylight) to laptops native white, use DisplayCAL to figure out which one is.

Options B and C are going to make you loose contrast and max brightness (GPU limiting one or two channels), B the most. This could be painful if you have one of those TN 400:1 50%sRGB screens.
    If you own one of those IPS-like laptops with 1000:1 contrast I’ll go for D65 if it is not foo far away from your native white.

Allan
    Participant

Thanks! So I really dont need to worry about the RGB bars not matching? Ill go with D65

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS