Is there any recommended alternate whitepoints for PFS phospor monitors?

Home Forums General Discussion Is there any recommended alternate whitepoints for PFS phospor monitors?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

A.ces
    Participant

Seems that my monitor BENQ EW3270U is affected by metamerism/observer failure as the D65 whitepoint done with the 1nm, CCSS sample found in the database looks way to blueish compared to my standard IPS monitors which closely matches white on my professionally calibrated OLED with alternative whitepoint.

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by A.ces.

Vincent
    Participant

OLEDs with alternative WPs are RGB OLED not consumer WOLED TVs. Consumer WOLED TVs with “numerical” alternative WP to D65 are just poorly measured TVs in most cases. (Note the difference between “numerical” vs “visual/perceptual” where that consumer TV is visually matched to another display that is its reference)

“standard IPS” monitors unless calibrated to D65 with an accurate device… are not D65. “standard IPS” monitors whitepoint is unknown unless measured.

There is/was a JETI CCSS for that displays, almost a perfect match to “Panasonic VVX**** ccss” (95% P3), so that CCSS works unless manufactured changed backlight model.

The whole setting you try to compare is hardly consistent so aiming to “numerically” alternative WP is an error unless you:
    -Measure all of them choosing the best colorimeter correction for all or a reference device.
    or
    -use visual white point match for all, choosing one as “reference”

P.S: On top of that, of course there is the possibility of observer metameric failure… but that is user related and varies with user so the whole purpose of alternative “numeric” white points on a WLED PFS monitor is a nonsense. It has to be a “visual” match.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by Vincent.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS