Is there a way to make Windows 10 load the color profile faster/sooner?

Home Forums Help and Support Is there a way to make Windows 10 load the color profile faster/sooner?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Darkmatter
    Participant

There’s a bit of a delay between when windows starts and when the color profile is loaded. It’s somewhat annoying but if it can’t be fixed I can live with it, but I thought it was worth a shot to ask.

Thanks!

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Probably not – calibration loading needs to happen in the user session as far as I’m aware. You can try setting the DisplayCAL Profile Loader launcher entry in Windows Task Scheduler to “At System startup”, but I’m not sure if it’ll work.

Darkmatter
    Participant

I tried your suggestion but it didn’t seem to make a difference. Maybe if I set it to let windows load the profile it will load faster but your program says it won’t be as accurate.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Maybe if I set it to let windows load the profile it will load faster but your program says it won’t be as accurate.

If youe graphics card is nVidia, you may or may not get better accuracy and smoothness (high bitdepth videoLUT support or videoLUT dithering) with the DisplayCAL profile loader, depending on the type of card, the connected display, the connection type, and possibly other factors. With an AMD card, you’ll definitely get better accuracy and smoothness due to dithering being applied by default. I do not know the situation with Intel graphics hardware.

Darkmatter
    Participant

I have an Nvidia 1070 so its a very new card.  An Asus ROG PG279Q Monitor hooked up with a Display Port cord if that info helps at all. Oh and I’m running Win 10 Pro 64x. If dithering is off by default on my card is there a way, a registry hack maybe to turn it on?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Check if you have a 10 or 12 bit output depth option in the nVidia control panel under “Display” -> “Resolution”.

Darkmatter
    Participant

It apparently can do 10bit in some cases but the monitor is 8bit so the control panel is limited to 8bpc.

Boardcraz
    Participant

Hey, I’m actually very interested in this exact problem. Did you ever find a workaround or way to get the Nvidia profile to load before showing the lock screen?

It’s not the end of the world, but I too am annoyed by it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS