is my device defective?

Home Forums Help and Support is my device defective?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

maurits Irizarri van Suchtelen
    Participant

i’ve owned this i1 display 2 since a couple of years and i think i never was able to correctly calibrate my screens with it.
    last year i tried calibrating my dell 27″ screen and thought i did an ok job even though i had to adjust my RGB settings to the extreme to achieve a correct measuring. people seeing my screen always said “hey, your screens look so red!”
    i’m trying to calibrate my new dell u3417w screen. and again i seem to think my calibration device is defective.
    these dell monitors are said to have a very good out of the factory color calibration, but when i try to calibrate it with the device it the result is a completely pink hue, this time even worse than with the previous screens.

i did an ambient light check and it measures 4600K on a cloudy day !!?? this cant be correct right?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The i1D2’s filters may have degraded due to aging, and it was not built to measure LED backlit or wide gamut devices.

What settings did you use in DisplayCAL, especially colorimeter correction (if any)? (attach the profile if possible, in DisplayCAL next to settings with the profile selected click “Create compressed archive”)

i did an ambient light check and it measures 4600K on a cloudy day !!?? this cant be correct right?

CCT close to around 5000K for daylight with an overcast or cloudy sky, depending on time of day and where you live, doesn’t seem that outlandish, although where I am currently (very cloudy) it’s closer to around 6400K (measured with an i1D3).

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS