Is it possible to apply the Gamma/grayscale correction without assigning the ICC

Home Forums General Discussion Is it possible to apply the Gamma/grayscale correction without assigning the ICC

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Adnan Cesko
    Participant

Hey does anyone  know if it’s  possible to apply the Gamma/grayscale correction without assigning the ICC profile to windows, i want to have grayscale/gamma correction but no color management in chrome, and setting the color profile there to sRGB is not sufficient as that applies to all monitors then, or alternatively make a ICC profile with only grayscale/gamma adjustment using DisplayCAL so no color correction is used at all when chrome detects that ICC profile on that monitor?

MW
    Participant

Just curious, what the use case?

Adnan Cesko
    Participant

I need to check how my images/artwork looks on both wide gamut, and sRGB and chrome  applying color management  on the wide gamut monitor defeats the purpose.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Adnan Cesko.

Vincent
    Participant

I need to check how my images/artwork looks on both wide gamut, and sRGB and chrome  applying color management  on the wide gamut monitor defeats the purpose.

Use Photoshop softproof options to simulate any output including raw RGB direct output.
    For example, your display with VCGT grey calibration but no CM there is an option called monitor RGB as a preset.
    Another example, a mobile/tables profiled via remote web measurements, simulate no CM on that mobile photo viewer in photoshop: choose phone icm in softproof + “preserve RGB numbers” (no CM).

Regarding your question:

https://www.argyllcms.com/doc/dispwin.html

it should be something like “dispwin -L mycal.cal”

You can extract VCGT .cal from an iCM with Displaycal curve viewer

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Vincent.

Adnan Cesko
    Participant

Use Photoshop softproof options to simulate any output including raw RGB direct output.
    For example, your display with VCGT grey calibration but no CM there is an option called monitor RGB as a preset.
    Another example, a mobile/tables profiled via remote web measurements, simulate no CM on that mobile photo viewer in photoshop: choose phone icm in softproof + “preserve RGB numbers” (no CM).

Regarding your question:

https://www.argyllcms.com/doc/dispwin.html

it should be something like “dispwin -L mycal.cal”

You can extract VCGT .cal from an iCM with Displaycal curve viewer

Ohh nice is it possible to just add the  cal file in the displaycal profile manager?

also another question what spectral sample should i use for example on M27Q gigabyte it’s a 98% adobe RGB + 92ish DCI-p3 is the panasonic or the 98% G2 sample more appropriate?

Adnan Cesko
    Participant

hmm  i seem to get No vcgt tag found in profile – assuming linear when trying to load the cal file via dispwin i also don’t know how to specify a certain display, and it seems like the displaycal profile loader is reseting the vcgt for that display when used via dispwin, is there anyway to make the loader ignore that display?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS