Is it possible for DispCal to calibrate LG CX OLED?

Home Forums General Discussion Is it possible for DispCal to calibrate LG CX OLED?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Gil
    Participant

Hi,

I’m using i1 Display Pro and soon getting the LG CX 65″ screen.

Is it possible to use DisplayCal to calibrate the screen? Given this is OLED, I’m not sure how to go about it and what is the setup process.

Appreciate any help.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

Internal LUTs or tweaking some OSD settings?

For the 1st one you’ll need soma app that uses propietary SDK of each manufacturer. There are some paid apps but I think that I saw in AVSforums a tool to upload SDR LUT3D to some of the new LG consumer OLED. Check it.

For tweaking some OSD settings and get a better SDR grey or fix RGB Rec709 emulated primaries you may want to use DisplayCAL cousin “HCFR” becaus it provides faster feedback on those things using the same underlying “maths & tools” (ArgyllCMS code).

Gil
    Participant

Is there a guide on how to calibrate some OSD settings for SDR for an OLED with DisplayCal?

I couldn’t find any tool to upload LUT to the TV generated by DisplayCal.

I assume that for Dolby Vision it is not possible to use DisplayCal. Isn’t it?

Vincent
    Participant

Is there a guide on how to calibrate some OSD settings for SDR for an OLED with DisplayCal?

Use HCFR, there are tutorials. Measurements are the same, ArgyllCMS code as I said.

I couldn’t find any tool to upload LUT to the TV generated by DisplayCal.

I assume that for Dolby Vision it is not possible to use DisplayCal. Isn’t it?

Propietary SDKs…

philjohn
    Participant

There is an open source library that can upload an IRIDAS LUT https://github.com/bendavid/aiopylgtv

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS