Is a (used) Wacom Color Manager (x-rite) good?

Home Forums Help and Support Is a (used) Wacom Color Manager (x-rite) good?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Ser
    Participant

As far as I’m aware the EODIS3-DCWA is based on the X-Rite i1Display Pro and since it doesn’t use any organic filter it should be able to hold on for a long time.

Would it be a good match with DisplayCal, or are there any problems?

(I’m asking this because I can get one for “just” 90€, is that a good deal? ).

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

AFAIK its unlock code is supported by ArgyllCMS (source code, take a look), so it’s an i1d3 for 90€ and it should be supported by DisplayCAL.

The potential drawback is that it uses a different unlock code than common i1d3, so closed software like some vendor HW calibration software “may” reject it: dell, benq, nec, Eizo…etc

Ser
    Participant

Well I’m only going to use it with DisplayCal (maybe a cintiq when I get one in the far off future), and I already bought it now 🙂 couldn’t really wait anymore.

I just started DisplayCal and it seems like it is supported. Also it’s manufacature date is the 2015, that’s not bad right?

What would be the best way to calibrate my monitors? I just plugged it in and selected the defaul Gama 2.2 profile. (there is no ambient light sensor, like with the spyders right, if so how do I enable/disable that)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Ser.

Vincent
    Participant

I just started DisplayCal and it seems like it is supported. Also it’s manufacature date is the 2015, that’s not bad right?

As long as it is not damaged even if it is from 2012 should be ok.

What would be the best way to calibrate my monitors? I just plugged it in and selected the defaul Gama 2.2 profile. (there is no ambient light sensor, like with the spyders right, if so how do I enable/disable that)

Do not use ambient light compensation.

Just choose a colorimeter correction suited for your display technology and lest DisplayCAL do the work.
    Common sRGB LED monitors are “white led” (blue led + yellow phosphor), so choose “White LED IPS LG Samsung…” correction. For widegamut displays it can be more complicated.

Ser
    Participant

Okay thanks!

Another question: Does a bright light (like say from a 100 lumen pico projector)  or a phone flashlight damage the i1Display?

Vincent
    Participant

It should not damage device, I’ve measured up to 2000lux in a booth with an i1displaypro.

Also measurements at such high levels can be inaccurate because device can be out of spec.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS