"Invalid primary R XYZ"

Home Forums Help and Support "Invalid primary R XYZ"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

bluejay
    Participant

Hi guys

Would appreciate any advice on this.

I have a 2 Dell U2412M monitor setup, connected to my Asus UX32a ultrabook, which runs Intel HD Graphics 4000.

The primary monitor is connected to the mini VGA port  via a mini VGA to VGA converter.

The seocndary monitor is connected to the HDMI port via a HDMI DVI converter (the U2412M does not have a HDMI input).

I have calibrated the primary display, using an X-rite ColorMunki display, and dispcalGUI 3.0.6.3

When calibrating the second display (which has some tinting/ dull colors issue), I encountered this error after running all the patches:

“Agryll CMS xicclu: Invalid primary R XYZ: 0.1684 0.1447 0.2670”, followed by a “Profiling has not been finished”.

Best

Jay

• This topic was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by bluejay.
    • This topic was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by bluejay.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

that “red” primary is not really a red, it’s more like a gray-ish blue/lavender tone – an sRGB approximation looks like this:  

I would assume that either the instrument is out-of-whack (relatively unlikely when it worked on the other monitor), or it was not flush against the screen, or light shone on the monitor from an unfortunate angle, or the monitor is broken (you said it has tinting issues, how do they manifest?)

bluejay
    Participant

Thanks for your quick reply, Florian.

I am not sure what explains the tinting issue. Without calibration, the secondary U2412M has a pinkish tint to it compared to the primary U2412M. Colors look a little washed out. With calibration, the tint is less obvious but I can’t get both displays to match. The white on the secondary is off.

At the initial stage of calibrating the white point, I adjusted the RGB settings on the monitor but found it hard to match the white point of the primary display.

One possibility is that there is some issue with the output via the HDMI being of a limited RGB range due to some documented issue with the Intel Graphics drivers. This seems supported by dispcal telling me after profiling that the gamut coverage is only 78.2%, which is strange as the primary display has 90+%.

I’ve been struggling for days to “match” both displays but I can’t pin down what seems to be the problem, and then I got the previously mentioned error message.

The monitor on the left in the photos is the primary, whilst that on the right is secondary.

Best

Jay

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by bluejay.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

One possibility is that there is some issue with the output via the HDMI being of a limited RGB range due to some documented issue with the Intel Graphics drivers.

If that’s the issue, then you need to find a way to force full range RGB over the HDMI output of the ultrabook.
    You could try madLevelsTweaker (which comes with madVR).

Another possibility could be to try a HDMI to DisplayPort adapter instead.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Florian Höch.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS