Interactive Display Adjustment Readings vs. Final Profile

Home Forums Help and Support Interactive Display Adjustment Readings vs. Final Profile

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

bitfidelity
    Participant

I’ve been wondering about the readings that come from the Interactive Display Adjustment (hardware portion) of the profiling process. During this step, I’m able to use my monitor controls to hit the 6500K and 120cd/m target very, very closely. But the profile I ultimately get has an obvious shift in the color temperature of the display (more greenish, less reddish).

Is this normal? Obviously, there’s a disconnect here: Interactive Display Adjustment is telling me that I’m already hitting my target, but the profile is giving me an image with clear differences.

Vincent
    Participant

I’ve been wondering about the readings that come from the Interactive Display Adjustment (hardware portion) of the profiling process. During this step, I’m able to use my monitor controls to hit the 6500K and 120cd/m target very, very closely. But the profile I ultimately get has an obvious shift in the color temperature of the display (more greenish, less reddish).

Is this normal? Obviously, there’s a disconnect here: Interactive Display Adjustment is telling me that I’m already hitting my target, but the profile is giving me an image with clear differences

1-check that current “default” display profile in OS “user” settings is the your you made with displaycal. Also make sure that your monitor is set in OSD mode/preset you selected during display calibration.
    If you have some autodimming feature on screen disable it and redo calibration.

2- Once you are sure that stepa in 1 are correct, Open displaycal profile info. It’s an exe on dispplaycal folder. If no command line params it opens default display profile in OS unless some multomonitor issue. Let’s assume that you only have 1 monitor connected.

3-look for “calibration curves”. Right upper part should have 255 input -> 255 output, since you said your white point was OK on RGB gain popup window
    -If it is as I described, ther must be an issue somewhere else in your system, other loader, some graphics card setting… because DisplayCAL calibration (thjose curves) are not modifiying white.
    -It may happen that white was wrong from the begining!, so when you actually hit the target with RGB gains, white is wrong (because innacurate measurement device or innacurate settings.
    -If there is a strong mismatch in calibration curves means that actual white target and white when you calibrated were not equal. Autodimming or changing OSD mode to other preset may be the cause.

Check all of these hints.

bitfidelity
    Participant

Yeah, I don’t know. I just looked at the calibration curves for the profile, and the RGB values are all very close to 255 (i.e., 254, 253).

I’m wondering whether I should even bother with a profile at all, since the Interactive Display Adjustment is showing that I can hit my target using only hardware controls.

Vincent
    Participant

Yeah, I don’t know. I just looked at the calibration curves for the profile, and the RGB values are all very close to 255 (i.e., 254, 253).

Then if you go to DisplayCAL tray app an choose “reset” calibration there should be little to no white variation. If changes in a plain fulllscreen white 255 field are huge the calibration curves you saw were not like 255 in -> 255 out.
    You can use this as a test.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS