Interactive display adjustment fails

Home Forums Help and Support Interactive display adjustment fails

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Stpa67
    Participant

Hi, i am trying to calibrate a notebook and when i  use interactive adjustment and adjust the color in the display settings control panel it automatically changes back when displaycal is running.

If i adjust colors without displaycal running for example lower the brightness on blue to 40% it stays visually lower but if displaycal is running lowering blue brightness briefly lowers blue visually then in a second reverts to the old blue level even though the slider stays at 40%.

The attached pic shows  blue brightness all the way to zero and it was visually zero for a second then reverted back to the default level 50%, interactive display adjustment white point shows it went back to a default level.

Is this a bug or did i do something wrong?

Forgot specs: Asus GL702VS Notebook, W10 x64 1803, Nvidia display driver 416.81, DisplayCAL 3.7.1.0 and ArgyllCMS 2.0.1.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Stpa67.
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Stpa67.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi, please see the FAQ.

Stpa67
    Participant

Hi, please see the FAQ.

Read it and ok it can not be done.  On my old hp notebook i could do it but it had 2 graphics cards intel and nvidia, the asus only has one card nvidia.

varadigabor
    Participant

I really like DisplayCal, but I am a user only, I have to be honest, I don’t understand how it works. I know Florian does a great job here.

I also encountered the issue you mentioned, tried it on two laptops, one with HP&nvidia, one with only nvidia GPU. RGB settings are working fine with the HP GPU settings in Interactive Display Adjustment, but not with nvidia only laptop. Pretty frustrating, let’s hope there will be a solution. Will be trying some settings yet and update in case of any findings.

varadigabor
    Participant

Soooo… the learning curve…

In my previous comment – by “HP GPU” I certainly meant Intel integrated GPUs. My mistake.

After I used the RGB settings to match the center of the interactive display adjustments, thus creating an all “green” adjustment, the calibration really messed up the colors. Thinking about it, it really makes no sense to set the laptop monitor through SW settings during calibration – those settings  were rather meant for standalone monitors I guess, where you can adjust these rgb settings via the monitor’s separate buttons.

I was a bit worried about how I would get back to normal rgb, but the Intel Graphics settings had thought about this and there was a ‘Restore defaults” options so I used that and recalibrated the laptop monitor without the interactive display adjustments, and now the colors are back to normal.

Sorry for wasting the time with my original comment! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS