Interactive display adjustament,difficulty to achieve the right whitepoint

Home Forums Help and Support Interactive display adjustament,difficulty to achieve the right whitepoint

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Gianluca.M.
    Participant

Hello!
    I’m trying to “calibrate” my monitor dell u2515h with last version of displaycal, using the i1 display pro colorimeter.
    As usal im using the preset “Office & Web (D65, Gamma 2.2). but during the first pass, Interactive display adjustament, I find it difficult to align the three RGB bars to obtain the right whitepoint using OSD custom values.
    in fact the values I see in displaycal seem to change from time to time, in short the three RGB bars do not seem to be visibly stable.
    I tried out of curiosity to change the position of the colorimeter, moving it to the bottom left of the screen, strangely in this case I get the right whitepoint (D65), now both icons are green.
    so after that I decided to do the test for check display uniformity. The result does not seem to me to be the best. but visibly it doesn’t seem to me to see anything strange on my monitor such color cast, magenta/green tint or other issue.
    could there be a problem with my monitor or colorimeter?
    Im using Windows 10 pro, version 1809
    Nvidia GTX 1070 TI . Driver version 430.86

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Gianluca.M.
    Participant

I attach another display uniformity test, but this time with 3×3 patch layout.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

As usal im using the preset “Office & Web (D65, Gamma 2.2). but during the first pass, Interactive display adjustament, I find it difficult to align the three RGB bars to obtain the right whitepoint using OSD custom values.

What you cannot fix will be fixed in graphics card LUT… but some cards, or its drivers (or LUT loaders) cause banding that when applied to 255 white input “may” cause a slight color cast.

Check if your display has RGB “offset” controsl in adition to the well known “RGB gains” to get a better white once you get very close with the rgb gains.

I tried out of curiosity to change the position of the colorimeter, moving it to the bottom left of the screen, strangely in this case I get the right whitepoint (D65), now both icons are green.
    so after that I decided to do the test for check display uniformity. The result does not seem to me to be the best. but visibly it doesn’t seem to me to see anything strange on my monitor such color cast, magenta/green tint or other issue.
    could there be a problem with my monitor or colorimeter?

I attach another display uniformity test, but this time with 3×3 patch layout.

Expected uniformity for an sRGB monitor in its price range, all seems aceptable/usual with the exception of the upper row in 5×5 configuration  with deltaC 2-3, you may call delta C “color tint”, deltaE stores error in “brightness” and “color tint”. Use the combo box in the center of your report.

Gianluca.M.
    Participant

Thank you Vincent  for the reply and explanations.
    unfortunately my monitor has only RGB gains controls. I tried another calibration, adjusting RGB gains on my monitor using different values from those I usually use, now Im pretty close to the whitepoint target (05 AE), But i cant allign white level to the target (110 cdm2), in fact this value is slightly higher.  But in measure report, “Measured luminance” it seems Ok, maybe it was adjusted by the TRC.
    A few months ago I had another problem with my monitor. In short, after a few days from profile creation. according with the measure report, the value of “Measured vs. assumed target whitepoint ΔE*00”  tended to change slightly, it was above the recommended value of <= 1.
    I think you pay for quality, A  cheap monitor allows you to save money for a short time but a good monitor will give you less problems with the passage of time.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS