“Instrument access failed” error, cannot calibrate laptop display

Home Forums Help and Support “Instrument access failed” error, cannot calibrate laptop display

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

JacobR
    Participant

From my research, it would seem that this error is extremely common.

When I try and use DisplayCal to create a LUT for calibrating my laptop, I cannot get past the initial calibration stage because I receive the error that says:

“Error – new_disprd() failed with ‘Instrument Access Failed'”

I’m using Windows 11 and I have an i1 Pro Rev. D spectrophotometer.

I’ve installed it with the ArgyllCMS drivers so it says “Argyll LibUSB-win32 devices”, then “Eye-One Pro (Argyll)” in Device Manager.

I also have Chromapure and HCFR installed and this meter appears to work fine in those programs.  It even appears to work fine in ArgyllCMS when using the command prompt (without GUI).

I have no idea why I can’t get it to work but it’s extremely frustrating.

All I want to do is fix the colors on my laptop by creating a LUT.

I even went through the effort to create virtual machines with VMWare Workstation Player.  I separately installed Windows 10, Windows 7 and Windows XP.

I get the SAME error in all three versions of Windows!

I also have an i1 Display Pro colorimeter that I’m willing to try but I’m having a separate issue in that the device isn’t being detected in Device Manager.

I would appreciate a solution to this problem (if there is one).

But, short of that, are there any alternatives that could accomplish the same thing?

Another equivalent software program that could generate a 3DLut and calibrate my laptop display to the same level as DisplayCal?

Or is it possible to do the same thing with ArgyllCMS through the Command Prompt?

I’d really appreciate any help anyone could offer.  Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS