Instrument Access Failed

Home Forums Help and Support Instrument Access Failed

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ninjabeans
    Participant

newly installed displaycal 3.8.9.3 with argyll 2.1.2 installed.

trying to calibrate with brand new datacolor spyderx pro. I’ve confirmed the spyderx pro hardware is working because I managed to go through the entire displaycal process once, generated an ICC profile which is working nicely. However, I set the first calibration to ‘Generic’ and I want to try again with ‘LCD White LED’ mode as my monitor is a white LED display.

however, I cannot get it to work the second time. I’ve tested the spyderx pro again on a different computer (a mac) using datacolor software and it worked. i don’t believe the problem is in the spyderx hardware.

also, when i start the process in display cal, it does take a few shots before it fails. so it functions briefly before throwing the instrument access failed error.

ive uninstalled and reinstalled the argyll driver.

ive attached the log. any ideas?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

ninjabeans
    Participant

I found the solution https://hub.displaycal.net/forums/topic/error-instrument-access-failed-for-lcd-white-led-mode/#post-33997

Just needed to download Argyll 2.3.0 and go to File > Locate Argyll executable and point to the 2.3.0 folder. Fixed.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS