Initial white balance

Home Forums Help and Support Initial white balance

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Milanraf
    Participant

Hello to the Forum

Sorry if this had already been asked. Had no luck with the search tool.

I’m using  a Spyder2 to calibrate my monitors, namely a Windows 10 Fujitsu notebook with IPS panel and a IBM P92 CRT connected to an ASUS EAH3650 in Linux environment. The calibration goes straight and the results look good (even if I don’t have a real reference to compare with).

What I’m still not yet convinced of is the initial manual setting of white balance. With both my screens the Red and Green bars are too low and the Blue bar almost to maximum. No matter how I set the R G B leves of the screen, the bars lenght variations are always mininal and cannot even approach the center arrows. IBM has adjustable Gain and Offset, while on Fuji laptop I experimented with Intel graphic settings, just to try. On the IBM I ended up in setting a white balance of my taste, using as a reference a sheet of white photo paper under a daylight lamp (5000K). On the laptop I just left the native white balance.

What can cause this behaviour? Could the Spyder2 be defective in some way?

Thank you for reading

Raf

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Milanraf.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Milanraf.

Vincent
    Participant

Innacurate device, plan an upgrade to an i1d3 from xrite. If you can’t, use visual white point approach until you get a white that looks as expected.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS