Infamous new_disprd() failed with ‘Instrument Access Failed’ error

Home Forums Help and Support Infamous new_disprd() failed with ‘Instrument Access Failed’ error

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

George2222
    Participant

Hey!
    I have the spyderX PRO, and trying to use displayCAL to calibrate my HP x360  laptop.
    I managed to do one or two successful runs but now encountering the said problem.
    No other drivers for the device have ever been installed on this laptop.
    On device manager the device is being displayed as ‘ArgyII LibUSB-win32 devices -> SpyderX (ArgyII)’

Things I tried multiple times:
    – Restart PC
    – Uninstall / reinstall drivers (both from displayCAL app and device manager)
    – Disconnect / reconnect device and refresh
    – Use USB2 self-powered hub
    – Try different USB port (USB3/USBC with adapter) directly or with the hub
    – Search every thread with the said problem in this forum and try to follow directions
    – Try the device on a different PC with the vendor software to check if this is a hardware failure
    – Try to close all running processes and to detect if the device is being used by something else with software

Please help me 🙂
    Log attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Raj S
    Participant

You could try downloading the latest version of ArgyllCMS and using that. Maybe it’s already been fixed. No guarantees though.

Instructions:

Go to the ArgyllCMS website, download the .zip and extract it somewhere.

And then point DisplayCAL to that folder using: DisplayCAL > File > Locate ArgyllCMS executables…

George2222
    Participant

I did a quick test and it looks like its working, even without the USB2 hub. I though I already tried this by downloading  the new ArgyllCMS, but I hadn’t done the ‘locate ArgyllCMS’ step. I will report back if I have more issues.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!

George2222
    Participant

Looks like I spoke too soon…
    ‘Generic’ mode seems to be working now, but the other options return the same error…

Christopher
    Participant

I did exactly as mentioned in this thread upgraded to the latest release of ArgyIICMS but after restarting DisplayCAL, there is no instrument listed and I cannot calibrate as it’s greyed out ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS