Improving DeltaE for a certain color after calibration?

Home Forums Help and Support Improving DeltaE for a certain color after calibration?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Lockjaw333
    Participant

Hi Florian,

I’m fairly happy with the most recent calibration I’ve performed on my Acer XB271HU, using a colormunki display colorimeter. Calibration settings were left at default other than setting a target white point of 6500K (after manually adjusting RGB), 140cd/m2 luminance (set manually), and I used the Slow speed setting. I know the advantages of using slow over medium are small, but I just ran it over night.

The only issue I see on the report is with two blue colors. All other colors are DeltaE <1 except for the two blue colors, and they are a noticeable issue on screen. Blues are have a somewhat greenish tint to them when viewing a variety of content. Its not that bad, but I’d like to try to correct it.

What can I do to try to improve the accuracy of the profile for the problem blue colors? Is there a setting I can change to specifically address them in calibration?

Thanks!

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Lockjaw333
    Participant

Forgot to attach the profile.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

You’re comparing against sRGB, and the sRGB blue is slightly out of gamut for your display (this is very common). There’s nothing you can do about it (hardware limitation of the display), but it’s also not really a problem.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS