import generic colorimeter corrections from the vendor software: macOS

Home Forums Help and Support import generic colorimeter corrections from the vendor software: macOS

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hotp
    Participant

The documentation says: “If your measurement device is a i1 Display 2, i1 Display Pro, ColorMunki Display, DTP94, Spyder2/3/4/5, a popup dialog will show and allow you to import generic colorimeter corrections from the vendor software which may help measurement accuracy on the type of display you’re using. After importing, they are available under the “Correction” dropdown, where you can choose one that fits the type of display you have, or leave it at “Auto” if there is no match. Note: Importing from the Spyder4/5 software enables additional measurement modes for that instrument.”

My question is, given that many of us use DisplayCal because the original manufacturer software does not work with later macOS versions, how do we import the corrections from the vendor software, when the vendor software does not run on the version of macOS on my computer?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Hotp.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Hotp
    Participant

p/s if the logical answer is that the manufacturer’s software cannot run on, say, macOS Mojave or Catalina, then how effective is DisplayCal without that additional measurement?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

how do we import the corrections from the vendor software

You should always, without exception, click the “Auto” button when importing corrections.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS