ICC PROFILE FOR CMYK PRINTING

Home Forums Help and Support ICC PROFILE FOR CMYK PRINTING

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

REDGRASS
    Participant

Hello everyone. Is there someone to help me for creating one icc profile for mac and for cmyk printing? Which parameters should i put in the program?

I have intel mac pro and mac mini M1 if someone asks. I use the spider x standard.

Thank you in advance

Vincent
    Participant

It is not clear what you want to do. If you mean calibrate monitor, the CMYK stuff adds nothing to your question, it won’t vary answer.
    Just profile display (so you can softproof) and make white point and brightness match the enviroment you are going to use to validate printed copies. That’s all. Usually it means D50 160cd for “P2 appraisal level” but it may vary for your booth.

Also mac screens won’t cover cyan in most press colorspaces. Apple choose P3, not P3 red ant AdobeRGB green like any other photo vendor… mostly because apple does not care about your business model anymore.

PS: your spyderx is innacurate and cannot be software updgraded to measure new screens. You’ll have to stick with whatever corrections are bundled into colorimeter. Apple P3 screens are a flavor of WLED PFS/KFS phosphor backlight. Seek this in colorimeter mode selecction.
    Better return SpyderX and get an i1displaypro or one if its cousins: they have the 3 flavors used in WLED PFS/KFS phosphor backlight and can be software upgraded to new backlights.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by Vincent.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by Vincent.

i1Display Pro on Amazon   SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

REDGRASS
    Participant

Hello. Thank you very much for your answer. My point is to calibrate my mac screen to use it for cmyk printing (i am designer and i give my designs for offset printing). I want to know which parameters may i use/put to the DisplayCAL program so i will get the most for cmyk proofing. Hope to give you an idea.

Vincent
    Participant

Already written, it does not change answer as said before.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS