ICC loading and Ubuntu

Home Forums Help and Support ICC loading and Ubuntu

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

U149113
    Participant

Been using DisplayCal and Argyll for years and never had this issue before. Here’s the situation:

Using a KVM switch and going back and forth between two physical PC’s: one with Win10 (color profiled) & Ubuntu Desktop 20.xx (also color profiled). When I toggle back to the Ubuntu PC I lose color calibration and need to go in and reset it each time manually. It basically goes to a “no calibration” loaded state. Never had that happen before on WinOS or OSX. Why is that happening for Linux and what can be done to resolve this because I do not want to manually switch color profiles each time? Was going to post this on Ubuntu’s forum but in doing searches it does not appear that Ubuntu users really focus on ICC profile all that much. Any help appreciated.

Алексей Коробов
    Participant

Seems to be videocard driver problem in your Linux. When videocard detects signal loss, driver flashes vcgt (unit that holds calibration curves). Don’t know how to resolve it, I’m weak enough in Linux. Try to dig up description of videocard/xsystem settings in /etc, probably you’ll find something helpfull. I also recommend to check different video output modes in GUI settings. By example, these settings are important for NVidia driver in Windows. Check support for DDC/DCI (automatic display parameters recognition) in display menu. They may probably appear in Linux settings. The last thing that may influence on driver behaviour is display mode frequencies, but I suppose, not for Linux, cause it allows to use any possible user frequencies.

U149113
    Participant

I will look at that setting as well. This is a AMD card (5700 XT). The monitor is a Dell 43″ 4k display capable of 60Hz @ 4k

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS