ICC / 3D LUT Report

Home Forums Help and Support ICC / 3D LUT Report

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Tom
    Participant

Hi there!

I have a question about the “Messwertreport”.

I calibrated  the whitebalance and CMS on my Samsung WLED TV with HCFR before i created a profile and 3DLUT. The purpose of the 3DLUT is to work in MadVR.

But I am a little bit confused about the results. Is it necessary to check the box “Geräteverknüpfungsprofil”? Because there are different results, as you may see on the attached photos.

What could they cause? Are the settings correct?

Because if i take a new measurement with HCFR with and without the 3DLut, the result WITH the 3DLut is a little bit more worse (esp. in blue) than WITHOUT :/

Thanks in advance

Tom

• This topic was modified 6 years ago by Tom.
    • This topic was modified 6 years ago by Tom.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

But I am a little bit confused about the results. Is it necessary to check the box “Geräteverknüpfungs profil”? Because there are different results, as you may see on the attached photos.

If you’re not measuring through madVR/madTPG, then the 3D LUT needs to be applied in another way. Enabling the device link profile (= 3D LUT in ICC format, “Geräteverküpfungsprofil”) is a way of doing this.

Because if i take a new measurement with HCFR with and without the 3DLut, the result WITH the 3DLut is a little bit more worse (esp. in blue) than WITHOUT :/

Note that you need to use settings in HCFR that match the 3D LUT creation parameters (i.e. in your case set input offset in HCFR to 0% and gamma to 2.25).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS