i1Pro2 calibration annoyance/assumed white point not matching

Home Forums Help and Support i1Pro2 calibration annoyance/assumed white point not matching

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Mark Appleton
    Participant

Couple of issues now that I’ve changed to an i1Pro2 (running DispCAL 3.7.0):

1. I’m asked to calibrate the meter for every attempt at – and verification of – a profile, even within the same session of DispCAL, and it’s beginning to annoy me, especially if I have to leave the program running unattended – is there a calbrate-once-at-start-of-session option? I’ve tried “allow skipping of spectrometer self-calibration” but I’m still asked for “matt surface or reflective plate” at the beginning of any profile/verification pass.
    2.  I set the white point at D65 daylight and get within 50K of 6500K at the beginning of a run but every time – and I do mean every time – the calibration finishes and gives me a profile, the verification shows a target white point that’s more than 1dE away from the one I set – usually 200K higher – and this causes every other reading to move away from the correct CIE co-ordinates. Is there any way to have DispCAL change/force the whitepoint to D65 instead of moving the whole gamut to tie in with the assumed/measured white point?

Please forgive me if these have obvious answers – I managed to build an excellent profile with my last meter and v3.5.0 but I can’t seem to get one with my latest tools :(.

Many thanks,

M.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

1. There’s not really any way around it – even with “allow skipping of spectrometer self-calibration” enabled, i1 Pro 2 white tile calibration is only valid for a limited amount of time, and for good reason: After about 15-20 minutes of continued use, the i1 Pro 2 begins to drift, and gets increasingly more inaccurate until re-calibrated. Black drift compensation can counteract this to some extent, but it’s limited. The best approach is to pair the i1 Pro 2 with a fast and accurate colorimeter like the i1D3 line.
    2. This is probably related to the aforementioned instrument drift, but 1 dE isn’t really something I would be too concerned about. Enable white level drift compensation and see if it helps.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Mark Appleton
    Participant

Ah – I see. So I am really better off using the (freshly-calibrated) Pro2 to correct my ColorMunki and having the latter as the “working” meter? If so, that makes sense!

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Yes, definitely.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS