i1display PRO – White looks warmer ? Help HP envy 27

Home Forums Help and Support i1display PRO – White looks warmer ? Help HP envy 27

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

kosmoso
    Participant

Hello,
    I bought i1display Pro and started my first calibration with DisplayCAL and used recommended settings from youtube video tutorial.
    My monitor is HP envy 27 4k , nothing fancy.

In general I am happy with the results, but I want to be sure it’s correct, so I would appreciate any help from more experienced users.
    So, after calibration I feel that my whites are warmer and more to Yellow / Green side. And I am thinking is it because I am not used to it or is it because of cheap monitor in general? Or I missed some settings in DisplayCal.

In DisplayCal :
    On top Bar settings I always used ( sRGB )
    I checked online for colorimeter correction settings  and it found Spectre and Matrix profiles with my monitor name, so I choose Matrix correction.

Before calibration I tweaked monitor RGB colours to match green text settings before calibrating.
    Did everything in the dark room. I saw others measure ambient light, but I skipped.
    I tried using other correction settings and on all profiles whites felt kind of warmer.

So should I try to get used to it or try other settings?
    Thanks, and sorry if my english not the best.

-Tomas

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

My monitor is HP envy 27 4k , nothing fancy.

[…]

On top Bar settings I always used ( sRGB )
    I checked online for colorimeter correction settings  and it found Spectre and Matrix profiles with my monitor name, so I choose Matrix correction.

TRC gamma 2.2

White LED CCSS (spectral correction) or if want to use other user correction do not use matrix, only CCSS

If white has some color cast after that, use visual white point approach.

kosmoso
    Participant

TRC gamma 2.2

Do you mean using DisplayCal:  Default (Gamma 2.2)  ?
    Because there is no option with TRS , only default and Laptop Gamma 2.2

White LED CCSS (spectral correction)

So something like Spectral : LCD white LED family (AC,LG, Samsung)  – should be good?

Thanks, for reply.
    sorry if I am annoying, still learning.

Vincent
    Participant

TRC gamma 2.2

Do you mean using DisplayCal:  Default (Gamma 2.2)  ?
    Because there is no option with TRS , only default and Laptop Gamma 2.2

TRC = tone response curve. It could be a gamma power law or something different like L* (which has not a constant gamam value for all greys)

So… on an IPS you usually do not want sRGB TRC. Go for 2.2. Results will be 2.2 until near balck and because finite contrast (IPS/VA) it has do bend to lower values, but overall 2.2 constant (with near black exception)

White LED CCSS (spectral correction)

So something like Spectral : LCD white LED family (AC,LG, Samsung)  – should be good?

Yes, that is the generic WLED (LED “sRGB only” displays) one bundled with displaycal, from Xrite EDR, with 3 samples. If there is some “CCSS” (spectral) for HP Envy 27 use it, better 3nm than 10nm… but use spectral, not matrix, unless that matrix was made by YOU for YOUR devices.

kosmoso
    Participant

Thanks a lot for info!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS