i1Display Pro or ColorMunki Display for U2718Q

Home Forums Help and Support i1Display Pro or ColorMunki Display for U2718Q

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Rob Loblaw
    Participant

I recently bought three Dell U2718Q and noticed that the color seems a bit off on each (e.g. one has an orange tint on whites). Even though Dell claims they calibrate them at the factory, I’d like to get them all in sync.

I am debating between the i1Display Pro or the ColorMunki Display and using DisplayCAL for calibrating all three. From what I read here, the only thing that differs between the two is that the sensor is a bit slower on the ColorMunki Display meaning that it will take longer to calibrate. I’m not sure that justifies paying another ~$110 for the i1Display Pro.

Is there any reason why I would regret not getting the i1Display Pro over the ColorMunki Display? Because I have the U2718Q and NOT the UP2718Q I’m not even sure I can do much calibration because I don’t have the “professional” model.

Thanks in advance.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Rob Loblaw.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Rob Loblaw.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

I recently bought three Dell U2718Q and noticed that the color seems a bit off on each (e.g. one has an orange tint on whites). Even though Dell claims they calibrate them at the factory, I’d like to get them all in sync.

If we believe them they aim for what looks like a mean error less than some value to some unkwon calibration target.
    Grey calibration could be superb with almost no a*b* errors referred to natie white, gamut could be almost exactly sRGB… and you get differet whitepoint as you report.

Factory calibration, even if we believe them… it does not mean exactly what customers understands.

Is there any reason why I would regret not getting the i1Display Pro over the ColorMunki Display?

Are you going to buy a monitor/TV with HW calibration in the next … 5 years? Then get the i1DispalyPro
    Are you going to build software LUT3D for Resolve or madVR with thousands of patches? Then get the i1DispalyPro
    Otherwise if you use DisplayCAL the lower price of munkidisplay may be worth considering.

Alan
    Participant

Hi,

Not to open another thread.

Using the latest version of DisplayCAL, which is the correct correction to choose if calibrating U2718Q with i1DisplayPro?

Kind regards,
    Alan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS